July 06, 2019
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Central Wyoming Fairgrounds, Free Stage
The Central Wyoming Fair and Rodeo will host the 5th Annual: “The Voice of Casper.”
Celebrity coaches will select teams and advise them.
The competition will be separated into five parts: blind auditions, battle rounds, , knockout & playoff rounds and a finale in the Rodeo Arena.
- Blind auditions: Thanks to rotating chairs, the coaches won’t see the vocalists while they perform. When they hear something they like, they will spin around to select the singer for his or her team. If multiple coaches select a singer, the singer gets to choose a coach. If no coach selects a singer, the contestant is eliminated.
- Battle rounds: Coaches will then develop their teams by offering tips, advice and encouragement. During the battle rounds, coaches will pit two team members against each other by having them sing the same song in front of a live audience. The coaches will choose which singer will advance to the next round.
- Knockouts: Similar to the battle rounds, contestants are paired up for a sudden-death sing-off, except they have no idea who their opponent will be, and they select their own individual songs instead of dueling on a duet. Coaches announce the matches just before musicians pick up their microphones and only have a few minutes to pick the winner and send the other home.
- Playoffs: The two remaining artists will compete for each team. Each person will select and perform a solo. The coaches will choose one person to advance to the live performance. The artist not selected is out of the competition.
- Live Finale: The remaining vocalists — one performer from each team — will compete against each other in the live finale to be held in the Rodeo Arena. Audience members can vote for “The Voice of Casper.”
Prizes will be awarded through fourth place.
For more information, see www.centralwyomingfair.com.